So I was sitting here this morning thinking about my neck. Don’t ask why, I just was. So I
was thinking, do we really need our necks. I was trying to come up with a logical reason as to how they are beneficial, but nothing comes to mind. Here’s a few reasons I thought of that are negatives to having a neck.
- Just one more thing on the body to get sore or stiff.
- Takes food longer to reach the stomach.
- Once more place to have to shave or cut the hair from.
- Another area of the body to protect.
- Something else that can get broken.
Now let’s look at the positives.
- A place to put your collar.
As you can clearly see the negatives out weigh the positives 5 to 1. Even a giraffe has a good reason for a neck. They use it to reach food high up in the trees in places that are too dry to support foliage on the ground. So why weren’t we given an awesome purpose to have our necks? I guess without them we wouldn’t be able to wear those nice collared shirts.